Subject: Re: VS3100 Serial Console Problems
To: Brian Harrington <brian@sigh.mse.jhu.edu>
From: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/21/2000 19:01:50
This probably has a less than 10% chance of resolving the problem.

Have not seen the same problem on my VS3100/XX

The vtxxx terminals may have smooth scrolling, wrap around, printer port
facilities.  The terminal may send a X-Off (control s) to the computer.
It should send an X-On (control q) when it can recieve additional info.

You might try typing control-q to see if that will clear things up.
In addition you might go into setup and reset the terminal.
On some vtxxx terminals a lock lite comes up the computer has sent a
X-Off which prevents the terminal from sending stuff.

From your message it seems to indicate that it locks up at different
points in time.  If it always stops at the same point you should probably
post that.

Note: I've had trouble with getting Alpha2 to make a file system on my
rz56s while I was successful in using the Alpha1 kernel to do the same
thing.

johnh...