Subject: Problem NetBooting a VAXstation 2000
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/19/2000 16:05:16
Hi all,

I have problems NetBooting my VAXstation 2000.
Every time I boot it, it loads the bootloader, then the kernel, and then
it terminates. The last lines I see are:

--SNIP--
boot device: <unknown>
root device: le0
dump device: none
file system (default generic): nfs
root on le0
nfs_boot: trying DHCP/BOOTP
nfs_boot: BOOTP server: 192.168.1.1
nfs_boot: my_addr=192.168.1.160
nfs_boot: my_mask=255.255.255.0
root on server.wes.mee.com:/export/vs2000/root/
Clock has lost 11207 day(s) - CHECK AND RESET THE DATE.
exec /sbin/init: error 13
init: not found
panic: no init
syncing disks... done
-
?06 HLT INST
    PC = 800F0E6A

--SNAP--

I'm using the 1.4V Kernel. I tried it with 1.4.2, too, but there was the
same problem. Would it make sense to try it out with 1.4.1, too? I have
it laying around there, but I don't believe that this fixes the problem
(an older Version which fixes a problem?)
I know that he can NFS mount the root on my Server running FreeBSD 5.0,
because he first displayed a warning (no /dev/console), then I did a
./MAKEDEV all in the VaxStation root, and then the warning has gone.
Did I forget to supply any additional information?
How can I fix this problem?

Thanks in advance
--
Best Regards,
	Freddy

Frederik Meerwaldt  ICQ: 83045387  Homepage: http://www.freddym.org
 Bavaria/Germany              OpenVMS and Unix Howtos and much more
   FREEBSD, NETBSD, OPENBSD, TRU64, OPENVMS, ULTRIX, BEOS, LINUX