Subject: Re: 1.5kernel breakage
To: Matt Thomas ,Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/12/2000 12:36:09
Thanks Matt! Since I'm local I'd be happy to buy you a non-virtual beer!

I tracked down the pmap error I was getting to some screwed up structures
in the VM system and that led me to discover that I had built the Alpha2
kernel with the -current include tree :-( So I've now reorganized my disk
repositories as follows:

         /export/NetBSD
                 1.5/
                     src/        -- cvs copy of the source tree ( Tagged
with netbsd-1-5 )
                     build/      -- DESTDIR target of this build
                     release/    -- RELEASEDIR target of this build
                     root/       -- netbootable system image (for testing)
                     logs/       -- build logs for later analysis
                 current/
                     src/        -- cvs copy of the source tree ( NO tag )
                     build/      -- DESTDIR target of this build
                     release/    -- RELEASEDIR target of this build
                     root/       -- netbootable system image (for testing)
                     logs/       -- build logs for later analysis

And I have one for 1.4 as well but that hasn't seen much use lately. Now my
build script can algorithmically and correctly locate the correct
directories for building.

--Chuck