Subject: MicroVAX 3300 console port?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/11/2000 14:20:42
I am going to play some with my friends MicroVAX 3300 tonight.
Before I get something wrong with it, I want to make sure that
the proper console port is the mmj connector on the CPU card or
that end of the card cage (I forget which offhand)?

He said he tried an mmj cable and an adapter to a terminal, and
got no output.  The fans and drives spun, but no console.
I am thinking that either he has the cable wrong, or maybe
something might be more seriously amiss on it.  Anything
I should check about it before firing it up, or make sure
of about hooking up the console?

Even if it won't properly NetBSD, I might can get Ultrix up
on it for some play.

Thanks

Bob