Subject: Re: Found a VAXtoy today MicroVAX 3300 BA215 tower
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/08/2000 12:47:46
> >Will it run VAX 4.3BSD?
>
> No.  But it run NetBSD.

Which versions?  Are there any drive controller problems?  One fellow
suggested it was DSSI and that NetBSD did not support that yet.
If it does, great!  If possible, I would like to boot from the
TK50 and maybe also install from that, although I could install
off the ethernet, too.

I saw a funny HD36 pin (it looked smaller than HD50) off on the
far left side of the backplane.  Anyone know what that is for?
Expansion of some sort, maybe?

> >Where do I find a listing of the prom commands for it?
>
>  >>> HELP

Any other things I might want to check when I get it home
before bringing it up, or other things to look out for?

Thanks

Bob