Subject: Found a VAXtoy today MicroVAX 3300 BA215 tower
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/08/2000 12:12:56
I have  first dibs on a MicroVAX 3300 BA215 cabinet tower with a label
that indicates it is a 640QR-B2.  Cards are TKQ50, CXY08, MS650, and
KA640.  It has a TK50 tape.  What is the CXY08 (looks like a serial
card maybe)?

Can anyone suggest any relative merits or demerits of such a machine
compared to my VS3100 M38 class machine, as a small NetBSD server
perhaps?

It looks cute, in that foot square 3 foot high tower, and might be fun
to play with, or boot from, or use as a small Apache toy at home.

Will it run VAX 4.3BSD?

Where do I find a listing of the prom commands for it?

Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob