Subject: Re: VAXstation 3100/38 help
To: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
From: Sean Cavanaugh <seanc@cginfo.sk.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/05/2000 16:43:50
On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Chris Tribo wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Sean Cavanaugh wrote:
>
> > According to vaxarchive, the switch should be up, which it is, but it
> > doesn't work even when the switch is down.  The box is connected to a
> > VT320, which works (I have tried a known good VT from my
> > MicroVAX). Nothing is diaplayed on the VT.  This box worked ok as recently
> > as 2 or 3 months ago, so I hope nothing got fried.
>
> 	Do you have Modem-Control (as opposed to "Data leads only") and
> XON/XOFF flow control enabled on your VT320? I needed that to talk to my
> 3100m30.

Yes. I connected the VT from my MicroVAX 3100-80 and got the exact
thing. Last night I took the thing apart and checked connections, but
found nothing obvious.  Looks like the poor thing is an expensive
paperweight now, unfortunately.  OTOH, I did only pay CDN $25 for it, so I
suppose I can't be too picky.

   Sean Cavanaugh - seanc@cginfo.sk.ca - http://www.seancavanaugh.com
-= If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate =-