Subject: Re: vaxserver 3100 netbooting, nfs_boot timeout
To: Thorsten Jens <thojens@gmx.de>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/05/2000 22:52:05
Hi!

> Hmm, I am using a mixture of SuSE 6.1/6.3 with rpc.nfsd 2.2beta47. I
> couldn't find anything like that line in any manpage. Any other
> hints?

Well, the Problem doesn't sound like a NFS Problem in my ears (as the
server gets and processes the request).
I ran SuSE 6.3 with NFS on my Server, and had a problem with netbooting my
VAX, too. But it _was_ the NFS Server (in my case). I want to say, that
SuSE 6.3 has this problem, too. I don't know which version of rpc.nfsd I
had. Now I installed FreeBSD/i386 on my Server, and it runs just
fine. NetBSD will do, too, of course.

--
Best Regards,
	Freddy

Frederik Meerwaldt  ICQ: 83045387  Homepage: http://www.freddym.org
 Bavaria/Germany              OpenVMS and Unix Howtos and much more
   FREEBSD, NETBSD, OPENBSD, TRU64, OPENVMS, ULTRIX, BEOS, LINUX