Subject: Re: VAXserver 3100 battery
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/03/2000 04:17:14
At 3:18 AM -0400 9/3/2000, Chris Tribo wrote:

>	I believe that the battery packs are rechargeable NiCAD's, so just
>having the system turned on for a few hours should re-charge them.

     I bought a VAX 4000-300 a few months ago and the battery was
dead. I left it on for untold hours over the span of a few weeks
before it built up enough of a charge to remember the boot device and
the other settings. I was quite surprised when I turned it on one day
and it booted by itself. I had given up on the old battery. Moral of
the story: it may take longer than you might reasonably expect.