Subject: Re: panic: pmap_enter onto myself
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/27/2000 18:03:38
On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 01:07:38PM +0200, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > > Yep, I check this too and it is not a wiring change either :-)
> > > The panic shows up only if it is an identical mapping request to the
> > > previous one :-)
> >
> > Do you see both directions? that is: wired to wired AND unwired to unwired?
> >
> Eh, parse problems with this sentence :-) But to explain better:
>
> I have a wired bit in the PTE to keep track of wired pages, so I get the
> wired comparition "for free". So, if a page changes from wired to unwired
> or from unwired to wired I catch this.

Yes. Is there any information about whether the observed panics mentioned are
caused by wired-wired changes or unwired-unwired changes, or both? This might
give some hint to the UVM gurus about what the problem is.

Regards,
	-is

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of