Subject: Re: DEC7000-610
To: Mattias Nordlund <mathew@eagle.y.se>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/23/2000 12:22:35
On Wed, Aug 23, 2000 at 09:07:29PM +0200, Mattias Nordlund wrote:

 > > Yow, a DEC7000 (Cobra, right?)
 > Not sure what name it had, could be Cobra.

Yes, turns out it's Laser (predecessor to TurboLaser, which NetBSD
*does* support :-).  DEC4000 was Cobra :-)

 > If you wan't, I could mayby set up some sort of boot enviroment and access
 > to the console..

That could be useful.  But it might be a little while before I have
time to work on it :-)

 > The XMI on the VAX6000 (wich NetBSD are about to support) and the 7000 is
 > wery differnet what I know, in terms of the CPU communacting with the BUS.

Yes, but the way NetBSD writes bus drivers, it may be very easy to
write the glue to allow the VAX XMI drivers to work (they're written
to be platform-independent).

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>