Subject: problam with PCAP, I think it has a bug.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <nbsd@righi.dhs.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/23/2000 12:46:14
Hello,
I WAs porting my sniff application from the FreeBSD ports collection to
NetBSD it is something fast and automatic, the systems are similar.

So I just created a new sniff version 2.0 just for NetBSD.
It also work on FreeBSD and Solaris but I will publish it on NetBSD for
now.
The problem is with a libpcap internal routine which I think on NetBSD it
is buggy.

I use in the pcap_compile function the optimization optoin set to 1.
IT crashes. It works only if I put the optimization option set to 0.

Then I compiled the libpcap from surces the latest 0.4 version and using
this version it works with optimizatoin option set to 1 also.

The libpcap installed on NetBSD 1.5_ALPHA (4000/60) has a problem in the
internal pcap_optimize routine which I think is fixed in the 0.4 version
because it works.

Could anyone update the libpcap version to the 0.4  for the future
NetBSD snapshot and releases ?

Is it a possible thing ??

Thanks

Rick