Subject: Re: 1.5E panic: pmap_enter onto myself
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/21/2000 03:23:33
> > Since building a 1.5E kernel, whenever I do a major
> > compile the system eventually panics with the above
> > message (on a VS4000/90A).
> >
> This means that there is a page fault for a page that is already mapped;
> i.e. something do not work as it should.
>
> The pmap routines are the same in 1.5_ALPHA and I have been compiling
> the system for about a week now without that error.

I updated -rnetbsd-1-5 from Aug.9 to Aug.20 and got this error less than
two hours into a 'make build' using the new kernel.

I did try 'trace' in DDB but it printed just pmap_enter and no callers. Hm.

I will experiment with back-revving just pmap.c and see what happens.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com