Subject: Re: Heads up, nice system on Ebay
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@slk.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/18/2000 12:54:27
On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Chuck McManis wrote:

> <http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=411509569>
>
> No, its not mine, but it is a VAX 4000/200 (with that ever popular KA660
> CPU card) in the very nice and cute BA215 case (no disks by the look of it,
> all DSSI plugs are blank)
>
> NetBSD runs on this system if you have an MSCP disk controller in it (SCSI,
> ESDI, whatever)
>
> --Chuck

Yeah - it is a nice system.  When I was booting kernels for
4000/200 support (provided by Michael Kukat), I was working on exactly
that type of machine.  Nice box by all means.  Q/CD straight down,
IIRC.  Although the internal DSSI (SHAC) isn't supported, the ethernet
works.  The CMD SCSI I threw into it seems to work with NetBSD, too...

And the "R2D2" appearance of the case make a very interresting
conversation piece ;-)

-Jon
 "Hey - this old machine screams like a snail on acid!" - (a true
  comment by a fellow who recently installed NetBSD on an old server)