Subject: Re: 1.4X kernel question.
To: Paul Apprich <psapprich@mindspring.com>
From: None <allisonp@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/17/2000 15:18:38
I use vms on a M76 and 300k/s is minimum I'd expect to see from the
eithernet, that's pretty good for that...  From the disks, I expect far
higher in the megabytes/second range.  For example a RZ24-->rz24
backup/image takes few minutes for a full disk, never timed it so I'm not
sure if its 5min or 10min thing.

I suspect while you may be using a DMA capable kernel it's running as PIO.
Even at PIO i'd say thats poor and would expect that from a MV2000.

Allison