Subject: Re: CMD qbus SCSI controller strangeness
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@guildvax.guild.net>
From: Daniel T. Burrows <dburrows@netpath.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/16/2000 00:23:03
First of all have you tried resetting the controller to factory defaults?
If you want I will forward the routine from some I recently did and captured
to output from the console.  The 440 firmware is almost the same as the
220's.
If you have made sure there are no partitions setup on the 440 firmware and
in the Emulex firmware you can just move the disk from one to the other.  I
do it all the time between various CMD's, UC08's(dual UC07's) RQZX1's and
Dilog's.
Sorry I can't help on the netBSD side yet as I haven't tried but for RSX11M+
they just work.
I assume that the UC07 is set for 1772150 and the CMD is 1760334?

The only other thing I can think of is are you sure you are on the right
connector of the 440.  They support differential or single ended.  I have
not tried to see what happens if that gets swapped.

Dan