Subject: Re: CQD-220TM (was: Re: Microvax 3300 + KFQSA)
To: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/14/2000 10:15:00
Hi!

> > But it seems that you have to configure this controller, as I have
> > downloaded the Documentation from www.cmd.com and the small port at
> > the side is a serial port. Well, I hooked up a VT220, but I don't
> > get anything on this port. And AFAIK I have build the cable
> > correctly.
>
> You shouldn't have to use that port at all.  You configure it using
> the various jumpers on the board.  The documentation should show all
> the various possibilities.

I've set the jumpers according to the documentation, but it just won't be
detected (neither under VMS nor under NetBSD)

> > So my Question: Does it work with NetBSD? Can I boot from it? Do I
> > need extra Configuration?
>
> Being a SCSI to MSCP converter, it should "just work".  However, in my
> experience it doesn't work with -current; a recent /boot won't, and
> the old /boot I'm using will happily load -current kernels, but they
> don't work with the controller.

Is the controller being recognized at NetBSD startup? If yes, can I have
the output of dmesg for this controller, so that I can verify it with mine
output? And do I have to attach discs to it to get it recognized by my
MicroVAX II?

MTIA
--
Best Regards,
	Freddy

Frederik Meerwaldt  ICQ: 83045387  Homepage: http://www.freddym.org
 Bavaria/Germany              OpenVMS and Unix Howtos and much more
   FREEBSD, NETBSD, OPENBSD, TRU64, OPENVMS, ULTRIX, BEOS, LINUX