Subject: Re: Vax 4000/300 - questions and such
To: Joe Flood <enigma@sevensages.org>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/12/2000 09:16:38
HI !

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Joe Flood wrote:
[VAX4000/300]
> Is the pinout for the console the same as VS3100s?

Yep. I at least use the same equipment there.

> I seem to remember hearing that the internal disks are DSSI.  Are those
> things usable in any way shape or form with NetBSD?

If you habe a DSSI controller which knows about MSCP, you can even boot from
these disks. So here with a KFQSA.

> About how much heat do these things throw out?

Not much. When it runs some hours, the room temperature rises a little bit,
but the machine always blows out cool air.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.