Subject: Re: Overlaying 1.5ALPHA over 1.4Y -- boot block problems....
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/10/2000 19:04:41
At 10:00 AM -0400 8/10/2000, NetBSD Bob wrote:

>For the sake of discussion, can I use the 1.5 netbsd.ramdisk
>kernel from the 1.4Y to install 1.5?

     I just did that today. I was installing 1.5 from scratch and
sysinst kept telling me that the necessary files weren't in the
specified nfs directory. I used nedbsd.sys from 1.42 -current with
boot.mop from 1.5 and the install went fine (except that I had to
substitute the 1.42 version of xserver.tgz, as the empty file in 1.5
killed the install). the machine seems to work and I don't get that
boot-time error message that you spoke of.

     Best regards,
     Mike Dowden