Subject: Re: Overlaying 1.5ALPHA over 1.4Y -- boot block problems....
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/10/2000 12:46:59
> > Then, on reboot, it gave me an error msg
> > that I needed to update the boot blocks.  I did a disklabel -R -B which
> > I thought would have installed the correct boot blocks.
> > Then on reboot, it did the primary boot and errored out with spurious
> > interrupt cyclic msgs that locked up the machine.
> You have to update the bootblocks in the disklabel (disklabel -B ...)
> and /boot. Copy /usr/mdec/boot from 1.5 to /boot and perhaps redo the
> disklabel -B

Ahh, I think I see what I might have missed.... I did the disklabel,
but may not have put the right boot in /boot.  It could have been
the old /boot, although I would have thought that when the tarball
was unrolled (tar -xpzf base.tgz), that should have put he right
boot in /boot.  I think I looked at the file sizes and they were
the same, but I don't think I did a cmp on them or forcefully put
/usr/mdec/boot in /boot.

Ill try it again.... and doublecheck the boot files.

Thanks

Bob