Subject: Re: Overlaying 1.5ALPHA over 1.4Y -- boot block problems....
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: None <nbsd@righi.dhs.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/10/2000 16:19:05
I did in this way.

I copyed all the  20000620-1.5 snapshot stuff in a directory
I booted the kernel, it was working properly.
I just untarred all the new stuff over the old one caring about the /etc
merging, because the /etc is a little different from 1.4 to 1.5 and it
worked out perfectly.

Maybe if u want u can rebuild your devices.
You have anyway to copy the /etc/MAKEDEV file and //etc/MAKEDEV.local of
the snapshot distribution in /dev/ and in single user mode just just
./MAKEDEV all to rebuild your devices. I did not rebuilt the devices and
it work perfectly anyway.

Rick