Subject: Re: Overlaying 1.5ALPHA over 1.4Y -- boot block problems....
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/10/2000 10:00:19
> ......  If I have a running
> 1.4Y level, what is the best way to cleanly install the 1.5ALPHA
> from the 1.4Y?  I was close, but just a tad off the correct way.

For the sake of discussion, can I use the 1.5 netbsd.ramdisk
kernel from the 1.4Y to install 1.5?  Can I, for example, clone
a root file system on a spare drive and put the ramdisk kernel
there as netbsd so it boots that, then boot that drive, and install?
That would still have the funky boot block msg problem on reboot, but
if it booted into the ramdisk kernel, I should be able to continue
installation from that as normal?  (Y/N?)

Bob