Subject: 4000/200 and netbsd.ram boot problems
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/10/2000 06:15:25
I was booting the 20000620-1.5 snapshot yesterday... the kernel from
kern.tgz worked fine, but the netbsd.ram.gz would load
(i.e. xxxxx+xxxxx+xxxxx is properly displayed), but promptly dies with an
illegal instruction or equiv. (can't remember exactly).

Does anyone know if I have to boot this directly via mop or something?  Is
there something different I need to do?

As an alternative, I can go to singleuser by netbooting and mounting / via
nfs.  Can I dd the netbsd.ram image onto DUA0?  If so, can anyone give me
an example dd?  I figured just a 'dd if=netbsd.ram of=/dev/ra0a' or such,
but I'm not sure if I have to install bootblocks, etc...

Any and all help appreciated.

-Jon
 "Hey - this old machine screams like a snail on acid!" - (a true
  comment by a fellow who recently installed NetBSD on an old server)