Subject: Re: booting VAX 400-300 from SCSI hd
To: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/09/2000 15:59:33
On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, M J Dowden wrote:

[snip]

>     I had been using post-1.42 -current. I suppose I'll have to upgrade.
>      Are you also saying that 1.5 will support DSSI?

Not to direct DSSI yet.  But it'll do a fine job with any MSCP device,
which the KFQSA is.  Tonight I'm gonna try to fire up my 4000/200 with a
CMD SCSI controller which talks MSCP.  Hopefully it'll grok a SCSI disk
just fine (via an MSCP controller), and I'll be booting 1.5_ALPHA by the
early morning.

-Jon
 "Hey - this old machine screams like a snail on acid!" - (a true
  comment by a fellow who recently installed NetBSD on an old server)