Subject: Re: How about a common mini-install cd image for each port?
To: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
From: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/09/2000 10:40:08
On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Kevin P. Neal wrote:

# On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 09:50:13AM -0700, Ross Harvey wrote:

# Well, I personally think an install tape for the Alpha would be "cool", but
# I don't know how popular it would be. I mean, I used to have an Exabyte
# 8200 on my Alpha but I plugged the tape drive in one day and the blue smoke
# came out of it (I'm sure everyone knows that electronic equipment runs on
# blue smoke, right?).

Is an EXB-8200 considered a bootable device on a SPARCstation?  I'd love
to be able to boot/install from a tape (seeing as I don't have a CD
burner, and I only have one machine on the net right now).

				--*greywolf;

	/* Need OpenSource servers?  Try BSD - Solid as a Rock. */