Subject: RE: Stuck prom on VS3100 M76 --- how to reset?
To: 'Michael Kukat' <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
From: Carlini, Antonio <Antonio.Carlini@cabletron.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/09/2000 18:15:55
	>Didn't read the whole thread, but i also tried this out several
years ago. It
	>worked fine for my 4000 VLC, and i think my 4000/90 also left the
contents of
	>this NVRAM recently when trying. Is this really oficially
documented this
	>way somewhere? I always thought it to be a bite too hardcore, ans
should be
	>hidden in the home hobbyist areas. Ok, but i even use the saw to
change the
	>batteries in such NVRAMs, so why not :-)

The procedure is explained (in three lines) in the VAXstation 4000 Model 90
Service Information (EK-KA490-SV. A01) page 6-47.

It is also explained in VAXstation 4000 Model 60 and VLC
Condensed Service Information (EK-V466H-PS. A01) page 3-10.

The details for the VAXstation 3100 Model 76 came out of its maintenance
manual.

As far as I know, anyone can order these.

You didn't think I'd made it up did you :-)

Antonio

Antonio Carlini
Riverstone Networks