Subject: RE: Stuck prom on VS3100 M76 --- how to reset?
To: Carlini, Antonio <Antonio.Carlini@cabletron.com>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/09/2000 18:35:31
Hi !

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Carlini, Antonio wrote:
> 	>	If someone provides a diff to the existing page.. I'll
> commit it.
> 	>
> 	>               David/absolute
>
> Let's wait and see if it actually works for Bob first :-)
>
> If it does then the info at
>
> http://solar.physics.montana.edu/hypermail/linux-vax/0119.html
>
> concerning the VS 4000 VLC and VS4000-60 should probably go in there too.

Didn't read the whole thread, but i also tried this out several years ago. It
worked fine for my 4000 VLC, and i think my 4000/90 also left the contents of
this NVRAM recently when trying. Is this really oficially documented this
way somewhere? I always thought it to be a bite too hardcore, ans should be
hidden in the home hobbyist areas. Ok, but i even use the saw to change the
batteries in such NVRAMs, so why not :-)

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.