Subject: RE: 4000 m105A?
To: Ken Seefried <kseefried@DigitalMoJo.com>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/08/2000 17:44:54
HI !

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Ken Seefried wrote:
> > I'm working on it, but i have some trouble, also with the
> > KA680.
>
> Netboot only?  Or has progress been made on the DSSI drivers?

We are not this far, the machines for now just print some kernel startup
messages and crash at the point when mounting the root-fs.

> > > It looks like it may be a _slight_ bit faster than the 3100m38 ;-)
> >
> > Just a bit :-)
> >

> What is the fastest VAX running NetBSD now?  How about fastest small system
> (as in sub 11/750 size)?

As the 4000/705 is not yet done, i think the VS4000/90 should be the most
powerful VAX running NetBSD at the moment.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.