Subject: weird build problem
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/05/2000 11:57:17
I have a very strange build problem, fortunately it isn't fatal.

Whenever I do a complete build from scratch (cleaned obj and DESTDIR
directories) the build hiccups on linking libc.a, I get an illegal
instruction. Once that happens libc doesn't get installed and as the build
moves on to /usr/bin the binaries can't be linked (because libc isn't
there). However if I stop the build, cd to /usr/src/lib/libc and do a make
dependall install then the library links and installs. Then I restart the
build and its happy as a clam (up to usr.sbin/routed with no complaints)
Does anyone else see this in their builds?

--Chuck