Subject: again-> Re: strange thing weird
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: rj45 <rj45@lart.xmission.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/04/2000 08:09:07
Well actually, I took the latest current source tree.
the kernel does not compile.
I took the tag  _syssrc-cmp then and it works the kernel  compiles
the kernel it comes out is very stable also, but as I told you the talk
program does not work anymore.
I Even recompiled the talk daemon and the talk program from latest current
source but IT DOES NOT WORK.

Aug  4 15:56:09 mariah talkd[9784]: sendto: Address family not supported
by protocol family

So I think it is not a problem of
sycronization between the kernel version and the user land programs, it is
a problem itself of the 1.5C kernel I think.
I just installed 1.5C kernel and installed ntalkd and talk program from
latest userland distribution. Talk does not work, it only works if I use
the netbsd.GENERIC 1.5_ALPHA from 20000620-1.5 snapshot then it works, I
mean the talk program works very good but the KERNEL from this snapshot is
AWUFULLY UNSTABLE, it makes crash my machine very often if I compile
heavily , while the 1.5C kernel works a lot better it never crashes but
for example talk program does not work on it!!
what I Can do then to have a stable and good working kernel at the same
time???

I guess I have to wait the next snapshot... am I right ??

when it will come out ??

THANKS

rj45