Subject: Re: VAXstation 3100 m76 installation.
To: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
From: None <afm@cwru.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/03/2000 16:56:18
On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Frederik Meerwaldt wrote:

> >       where can I find pinouts for a terminal serial cable? settings
> > have to be 9600bps and what else? ( I saw this stuff in a posting already,
> > but I just subscribed, and grepping through them now would be crazy)
>
> www.vaxarchive.org

The problem about this site is that the pinouts of the RJ25 or MMJ, or
offset 6pin RJ connector are not given, i.e. it says 1,2,3...6 but it does
not say which one is 1. I used an RJ25 6pin connector from radio shack and
made the cable that way. I tried both ways: with 1 starting from the
right, and with 1 starting from the left. Neither worked. But now I need
to know whether the cable is fine or not, so I can debug the rest (i.e.
terminal) if the cable is fine.
	Does anyone know which one is pin 1 for the printer port of
3100/76 based on what vaxarchive calls pin 1?

Thanks!

----
Tony Magni
Department of Neurological Surgery
University Hospitals of Cleveland
(216)844-1306, afm@cwru.edu,
http://discordia.cwru.edu/tinton/

 - "I know Cleveland: I spent a year there one night!"
                              (Bill, San Francisco, 1994)