Subject: Re: Microvax 3300 + KFQSA
To: Graham Gillies <bofh@telus.net>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/03/2000 09:57:15
Hi !

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Graham Gillies wrote:
> Yes, I have one of these too in a pile of Qbus cards I was given for a
> MicroVAX 3400, I would be interested to know if its possible to use it.
> Also I have an unknown scsi controller (I believe), its a half height,
> has two connectors like the KZQSA. The writing on the board says
>
> Copyright 1989 by Transitional Technology Inc.
>
> and the the chipset is a NCR53C09
>
> any idea what it is and if its usable?

KZQSA is definitely not (it is quad-height), and your controller might also
not be usable. Look for something looking like EPROMs and a CPU on this card,
if you find something, the chance is big that it is MSCP. If not, put it back
into the pile :-) You could just put it into your machine, connect a drive, do
a SHOW DEV, and if you see some "DU??" and not only "DK??", it should work.
But maybe it also needs firmware setup.

...Michael

--
void windows() { while(status == SYS_RUNNING) { sleep(rand()); bluescreen(); }}