Subject: Re: need bootable media
To: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/03/2000 09:54:21
Hello,

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, M J Dowden wrote:
>      Does anyone have a piece of bootable media (TK50, TK70, CD or old
> hard disk) that they could sell, rent, loan, etc.? I have tried
> everything at my disposal to boot my VAX 4000-300, without success,
> as described below. I believe that post-1.42 -current is needed for
> that model.

How about some cheapernet cable? The best way to get a VAX booted is the
network. And the 4000/300 should work in -current since over a year, and in 1.5
if should work "officially". Maybe i fond the time to check this today.

If you have a look at http://www.bsdfans.org, there is a little crash-course
how to boot a VAX from the network. Maybe it is a bit outdated, but it helped
several guys.

...Michael

--
void windows() { while(status == SYS_RUNNING) { sleep(rand()); bluescreen(); }}