Subject: Re: Microvax 3300 + KFQSA
To: Graham Gillies <bofh@telus.net>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/02/2000 23:05:52
Yup, the TransTech is a Q-bus SCSI interface, the question is of course if
it is "disk only", "tape only", or "disk and tape." When you install it in
a Q-bus you can connect the console to the 10 pin connector on the board.
This will connect you to the on board diagnostics. You have to set up the
card from there, then use it.

One thing to look out for is that some are _differential_ scsi. You can
tell because they have a bunch of differential scsi drivers on the board.
This will make using it a bit difficult unless you have a differential disk
drive. (I happen to have one :-)

--Chuck