Subject: Re: Microvax 3300 + KFQSA
To: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/02/2000 13:05:14
The KFQSA boots just fine, however it needs to be a bit smarter about how
it talks to the disks since the DSSI disks are computers in their own right
(they look like little HSC50's). You need to put the KFQSA in "program"
mode, then connect to its on board firmware. Then tell it what disks you
have attached (or tapes) and then running in "run" mode it will see them
and can boot from them. For each disk it will pretend it is one MSCP
controller so if you connect three disks to it you will have to configure
your kernel to recognize three MSCP controllers.

See the archives of this list for my experiences with one and how I got it
to work.

--Chuck