Subject: Microvax 3300 + KFQSA
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Ogden <kryogenix@crosswinds.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/02/2000 13:22:42
Before I go on I must say I'm not too familiar with QBUS-based machines.

I found a KFQSA for my MicroVax 3300 so I could run NetBSD.  It has the KA640-B,
20 megs of RAM, and a TQK70 tape controller.  I pulled the cable from the on-board
DSSI on the KA640 and stuck it in the KFQSA.  I power the machine up, it sees
the card when I type 'SHOW QBUS' but when I do the 'SHOW DEVICE' command it
doesn't see the DSSI disks on the KFQSA.

Typing 'boot DUB0' came back with a DEVINACT error (Am I on crack?  I thought
that was what I should use but I might be wrong).  It's your typical M7769 KFQSA
4-fingered QBUS card.

From what I've heard all the slots in a 3300 enclosure are Q22/CD, will that
prevent the KFQSA from working right? (I would think that it wouldn't work at
all).  If that's the case is there any way I could mutilate the card to make
it work?

Again, I'm braindead when it comes to QBUS, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin