Subject: SCSI Problems on VaxStation 3100m38
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Bauer <bauerm@immd1.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/02/2000 15:31:47
Hi,
after successfully netbooting the VS3100m38 I'm now
trying to get more diskspace for the thing. When I
connect a Storage Expansion (RZ5XF3), the 'show dev'
finds it, but NetBSD-1.4.2 tells me something about
'no REQ on scsi1' or so. How to get the Storage Expansion
to work with NetBSD?
 	After that, I tried to substitute the disk in
the VaxStation by a 2.1 Gb SCSI disk. Close examination
reveals that the disk must be jumpered to SCSI ID 3, right?
But the 'show dev' does not find it neither does NetBSD.
How to get non-Digital SCSI disks to work with the VaxStation?

Any help appreciated

Matthias