Subject: VAX 4000m200 netboot trouble
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: ville hautakangas <vhautaka@cs.Helsinki.FI>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/02/2000 12:23:09
hello,

It's been a while since I got NetBSD up and running on my
lousy little VAXstation 3100m30. Lousy and little, at least
since I got my hands on a VAX 4000m200 with a TU81-plus
9-track :)

So now I have some questions..

SHOULD I be able to netboot the beast? The old boot.mop
I had didn't work, but launched the system tests (and fscked
them up somehow). So I got a new bootloader, but this one
doesn't seem to understand bootparams (it always gets the
address 0.0.0.0 for root). On the VAXstations at least
it sometimes worked... is the problem more likely with
my bootserver setup? I wouldn't care about setting up
dhcp servers or such, it'd very much suffice to get the
machine to boot up just a couple of times so I could
get NetBSD onto the disk.

And yeah, I have an SQ706A scsi/mscp disk controller. I
remember somebody on this list had problems with one of
these, I just might be able to help. I only got the contr.
and the disks to appear in SHO DEV after I reset the controller
address.

- hautis

ps. http://www.helsinki.fi/%7evhautaka/vax4000m200+tu81-plus.jpg