Subject: Re: strange thing weird
To: rj45 <rj45@lart.xmission.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/01/2000 10:20:58
Welcome to the joys of being a "-current" user. :-(

The way you fix the problem is that you build a copy of the userland
binaries. I believe you can do the build with an older and more stable
snapshot of the current tree but it is never pretty. That 'talk' works at
all is probably an accident :-). You can wait for 1.5 to be released
(probably in October) or you can work toward creating a build system. I
believe Matt Thomas has one that cross builds but I've never managed to get
that to work on my system.

I did build the userland for 1.5B but the kernel I build only supports
Q-bus vaxen since the vsbus (VAXStation/MicroVAX 3100) stuff was in flux I
don't have a kernel for those systems that works.

--Chuck