Subject: Re: strange thing weird
To: rj45 <rj45@lart.xmission.com>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/01/2000 09:44:52
On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, rj45 wrote:

> I isntalled kernel 1.5C
>
> now talk does not work anymore this si the error I got
>
> Aug  1 15:30:04 mariah talkd[261]: sendto: Address family not supported by
> protocol family
>
> if I come back to older 1.5_ALPHA generic it works
>
> how I can fix this problem ??
> thanks

	You really need to recompile userland. Are you trying to go from
1.4.2 to -current? You should get the -current sources from
anoncvs. (Howto is located under documentation on the main NetBSD
web page), rebuild make and rebuild config and you should be able to bring
userland to -current. If you don't want to wait for the make build, you
*could* try to rebuild the system libraries, obj's and includes. Then you
could recompile only the userland binaries that you need. (I would make
sure you declare no crypto, unless you want to wait three days just for th
e libraries to build) BTW, if you don't want to use anoncvs, you can
download the current source tarballs (for 1.5_Alpha), if you want
1.x[Letter] you will have to use sup to fetch the sources.

	Chris