Subject: Re: 8350 escapades
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/01/2000 15:26:51
On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 01:17:51PM +0200, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > boot.mop from bakfull.campus.luth.se, as kernel (which doesn't matter
> > since I can't get boot.mop to work)
> >
> It may be some ROM revision errors. It should work just fine
> (it does for me).

That might be a possible reason.. hmm, I checked cvsweb and the 8000
support for boot.c was added (to CVS anyway) on July 10th and then there
was a patch for if_ni.c three weeks ago. Yet the boot.mop is on
bakfull is dated June 12th. I'm just guessing here, I've been shuffling
these BI-cards around so much that I'm starting to see the lock-lever
everywhere:)

> Use script + tip instead.

Thanks for everyone for pointing out the obvious :) I normally don't touch
these terminal emulators even with a ten foot unibus extender cable as I
have a reasonable supply of real terminals (couple of VT102s, ADM-3, ADM-5,
a few Tektronix-color terminals etc.). I also don't believe in the ten
finger dd either.. and I was in a rush <snip the rest of the explanations>

--
Jarkko Teppo
jate@uwasa.fi