Subject: overheating problems
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: rj45 <rj45@lart.xmission.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/31/2000 10:09:24
Hello,
I have a 500MB RZ25 disk as root disk con my 4000/60

I notices that this old disk despite the newer second disk I have (RZ29)
is really quite HOT!

I Can feel with my palm, with my hand the heat on the vaxstation plastic.
THe disk is positioned exactly behind the VAXstatoin.4000.60 LABEL
if I put my hand right above on the cover near the LABEL  I can feel
a warm temperature while on the other side of the cover where there is
the RZ29 disk the cover is cool nt oso warm.

Could I have some overheating troubles related to RZ25 disk ?
I even put a additional FAN cooler inside but I ahd to remove it after a
few days because it was doing a lot of noise , it was a pentium III fan
cooler which I Attached to the vaxstation side, but I had to remove it as
I said.

THere is any need of a fan cooler inside ??

thanks

rj45