Subject: Re:
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: James Green <jamesg1@hotmail.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/26/2000 15:46:38
Hi All,

Just a quick note of thanks for all your help on this one :)

James

>-------------------------<
Hi All,

Just a quick one, and sorry if it's a touch off-topic, but here goes...

I just inherited a MicroVAX III+, It seems to boot VMS (version??) quite
well.  I would like to run NetBSD on it eventually (in it's current state
it's just a power hungry coffee table :)

Before I get to installing NetBSD (btw; thanx for all the hints :) I would
like to have a snoop around the hard disk.  The problem is that it's
previous owner is now dead, so there is no chance of getting the root
password.

I would probably like to mount the hard disk into a i386 Linux or i386 *BSD
box around here.  What format/filesystem would be on the disk?

Any sugestions welcome, useual caveats apply :)

Thanks

James