Subject: Re:
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/25/2000 11:45:59
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Matt Thomas wrote:

> Actually, FILES-11 is the RSX filesystem (actually called FILES11A).
> VMS uses FILES-11B which is also known as ODS-2 (on disk structure #2).
> ISO9660 is very close to FILES11B in structure.  I have a F11B document
> somewhere that I could dig up.  I've thought about writing a VFS module
> for F11B (readonly though :).

  "VMS File System Internals" by Kirby McCoy documents the VMS file system
fairly well.  Published by Digital Press, order number EY-F575E-DP.

  I also ran across a program called GETVMS somewhere, which could do
a directory list of a VMS filesystem directory, or read data from a file.
I can't remember where I got it originally.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant