Subject: Re:
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/25/2000 08:50:31
At 11:02 AM 7/25/2000 -0400, der Mouse wrote:

>Back when I used VMS, the filesystem was called FILES-11 and was almost
>completely undocumented.  I saw bqt, who quite likely knows more than I
>about it, say ODS-2, which may or may not be another name for the same
>thing.  If anyone can find docs on the on-disk layout, I'd be
>interested in hacking together some tools; somewhere, I ought to have a
>disk image from my VS2K's disk before I destroyed the VMS install in
>favor of NetBSD/vax....

Actually, FILES-11 is the RSX filesystem (actually called FILES11A).
VMS uses FILES-11B which is also known as ODS-2 (on disk structure #2).
ISO9660 is very close to FILES11B in structure.  I have a F11B document
somewhere that I could dig up.  I've thought about writing a VFS module
for F11B (readonly though :).