Subject: Re: QDSS in VAX 4000/200
To: Jim Caldwell <jcaldwell@ymcastlouis.org>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/24/2000 22:27:31
Hi !

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Jim Caldwell wrote:
> Ok, so after you've stopped laughing at the subject, I was just idly

Why not? I also pushed my QVSS into the 4000/300 :-)

> wondering... I'm getting ready (hopefully) to actually begin working on
> my VAX 4000/m200, and I was wondering if it could handle a QDSS. Just
> because I don't have the machine it was in in use right now, and I want
> to so SOMETHING with it. I'd have to rig an Sbox-style slot cover, and
> something to mount the bulkhead connector on, but if it can be made to
> work... (muahaha).

NetBSD knows about it, but the machine doesn't know QDSS in the PROM, so it
will not be the console thing. Maybe in this case even NetBSD doesn't know
about it, but if you boot NetBSD with QDSS, and see the card detected, i could
try to make a special kernel for you using this as console.

...Michael

--
 Michael@unixiron.org, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.bsdfans.org
 I'm using: [solaris] [hp-ux] [irix] [freebsd] [netbsd] [openbsd] [linux]