Subject: Re: VAX 6000 410
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/21/2000 09:22:48
On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is a "VAX 6000 model 410" the same as a "VAX 6410" or something else?

It's the same. DEC had a stroke of IBMification around that time, and
wanted to start saying "VAX xyzzy MODEL foobar".

> Does anyone know the power requirements of such a beast?  Also with
> a "RA72 x 4 storage" and "RA90" in another cabinet.

Hmmm, not off my head, but they are not *too* bad.

> Supposedly this needs needs 3-phase power?  Anyway to run on 110v or 220v?

Unless my memory fails me, it doesn't really need 3 phase, but the power
controller is normally wired for it, to distribute the load on all phases.

> Anyone have a picture of one? :-)

There are some pictures of a VAX6440 if you look at
http://www.update.uu.se/admin/hardware.html

	Johnny