Subject: Re: netboot MicroVax 2000
To: A. Wik <aw@mail1.bet1.puv.fi>
From: Sean Clarke <sclarke@neptune.tzo.cc>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/20/2000 13:56:29
well i have a pretty smart hub that detects these things.   lots of
blinking lights etc....   ummm but who knows...  I can see the requests
for the mop server going out and the vax replying to mop but it never goes
any farther then the Do you have MOPBOOT (yes)

Then that is it...
I will try to replace that chuck on cable and terminators and see what
happens ..  I know the test 50 will fail the NI if there isnt any
termination or something wrong with the cable.  But I get the same ?? NI
blahh blahh with or without terminators etc?

I think the ethernet maybe dead but if it broadcasts to the mop server you
would think it was ok wouldnt you?