Subject: Re: SUMMARY: Network does not work on 1.5_ALPHA snapshot ??
To: None <nbsd@righi.dhs.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/17/2000 11:12:11
On 17 Jul, nbsd@righi.dhs.org wrote:

> ping and tracerotue does not work, ping does not show me echoes and
> tracerotue does not show me paths... how come ??
> do I ahve to set something else ??
Can you ping a host by IP number on the your local net? There is a
switch on the back of the machine to toggle between BNC and AUI...

Defaultgateway????
Write the IP of the defaultgateway on a single line in /etc/mygate
This takes effect after a reboot or by switching to single user mode
("kill -TERM 1") and returning to multi user mode (quit the single user
shell).

Nameserver???
Edit /etc/resolv.conf, see resolv.conf(5)
You need the "nameserver" and a "domain" line.

Lookuporder???
See the line "hosts" in /etc/nsswitch.conf
it should be somthing like:
hosts:          files dns
--

tschüß,