Subject: Re: Memory message MEM_NOT_AVAIL
To: None <nbsd@righi.dhs.org>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/13/2000 18:19:19
Hi !

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000 nbsd@righi.dhs.org wrote:
>  MEM_NOT_AVAIL
> ---------------
> 01FBE800:01FFFFFF
[...]
> this means that 200KB of RAM on 32M total I have are not avaliable ??
> coult it be because of 1 pin of a SIMM module socket is damaged ??
> This could be the reason of the MEM_NOT_AVAIL message ?

Nope, this is temporary memory used by the console ROM i think. Just some
scratch stuff. The variables of the ROM have to live somewhere :-)

> and if these 200KB are not avaliable all the rest of MEMORY will be
> addressed correctly even if that PIN is damaged ??

The message is completely usual, don't think about it.

...Michael

--
 Michael@unixiron.org, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.bsdfans.org
 I'm using: [solaris] [hp-ux] [irix] [freebsd] [netbsd] [openbsd] [linux]